The New Ozymandias


I renamed my blog this afternoon. The title had had a common expletive which described how I'm feeling about how my country is being run and what direction it is headed. I knew that title was temporary, but it fit, and felt good.
With feedback, I decided to go with some degree of subtlety. I cleaned up my posts considerably, and pondered for a long while on a name that would fit the tone and content. Of course: Ozymandias!
Then I searched technorati for my new name, curious how many others had come up with this as a title, and look what I found: not a blog title, but a photo essay on Ozymandias today!

<< Back to Main Page - Ozymandias

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Ozyman said...

Good point.

It's really been about frustration and mockery for the last month, an outlet for me, just self-expression. I haven't really written free-form in years except for a few letters to the editor, and I'm surprised how satisfying it is to just vent.

Although I'm actually just looking to simply preach to the choir here, and reinforce what like-minded people already feel, I think I can and should tone it down and be a little more clever, and solution-oriented. I'm not sure how journalistic I can be, or "reasonable" right now. I'm just going with the flow that's coming out. But I know there are great people fighting this crap (like Paul Farmer, 2 posts before this one).

There's a place and a time for attack, but I agree that I have to mostly help build the new.

 

Post a Comment